Heat resistant satin aqueous coating scratching on back up

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by jim hanson, Dec 9, 2023.

1. jim hanson

jim hanson New Member

hello and thanks for the add...ok so the stock is 28x40 c2s 20pt. its a 5 color packaging job with heavy solid coverage on the pms one side has blister seal aqueous coating which must run on the first pass...the other side has the Heat resistant satin aqueous coating...the press is a newer Heidelberg CX 102 6 color the swing gripper at the feeder is scratching the satin coating..in the old days we used velcro but they tell me they have ben running it for years without it ..

thanks in advance jim

2. Raf77

Raf77 Senior Member

Check and clean that small wheels on swing grippers. They may be seized and not turning or there may be some dried ink on them.

3. asem alsafady

asem alsafady Senior Member

Raf is wright. You can also increase the ventory air under the front lays and reduce the suction air at the last section of your feeder suction tape.
    I suppose that your feeder is a pre-set plus feeder.

4. jim hanson

jim hanson New Member

thanks guys...yes i happened to be running when i got you msg stopped and checked the wheels right away the look new...are the wheels somehow adjustable to help keep the sheet from the swing gripper ?

5. asem alsafady

asem alsafady Senior Member

If your feeder is pre set plus.
    Did you try to increase the ventory air, and reduce the suction air at the last chamber of the feeder suction tape?
    Or you can send a photo for your feeder.

6. Raf77

Raf77 Senior Member

There are 2 sets of wheels - one at front lays and 9ne at swing arm.
    Are you sure it's on feeder side? That may sound silly but is your decurler off?

asem alsafady likes this.

7. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

The wheels over the infeed can be moved away from the sheets loosen the black thumb screw lift rollers up and retighten they are spring loaded.make sure they are not frozen