Having some transfer from plate to blanket

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Smreed, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Smreed

Smreed New Member

Shreed here,
    I've inherited this 2Color Ryobi 3302M, and I have it doing everything its intended to do... Except one little thing, Transferring image from plate cylinder to the blanket... any suggestions I've tried just about everything?

2. spikeboy

spikeboy Senior Member

did you check the pressure betwween plate and blanket are plates or blankets to thick ? is impreesion on solenoid stuck. check. plus impreesion on sensors

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Clean off your sheet detector and all sensors and that should work. Is the head your printing with turned on? sometimes the push button to activate head stops working also, I have two of these machines one was resurrected from the dead so i've dealt with all kinds of problems

4. Ryobi Press Parts

Ryobi Press Parts Member

A couple of questions, does it only happen at the lead and tail edge, I assume it's not a loose plate however I have had many machines where a operator that is not quite sure how the "quick change" blanket mechanism works, they will turn the wheel backwards and actually seperate the blanket cylinder gap, you need to actually put a pin wrench or 4mm allen to achieve this but I've seen it many times over the last 25 years of service. Another common issue is on older machines the links that move the cylinders get enough slop in them to not be able to throw the cylinders completely "ON" and "OFF", there is a adjustment for this but it's only a slight amount. Feel free to call if you need further help.
    Paul, Ryobi Press Parts
    517-881-7114