Hamada 665 impression problem

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by splashdesignz, Feb 13, 2009.

1. splashdesignz

splashdesignz Member

My 2 color Hamada 665 is having an impression problem. It seems that the detent pawl has really gotten out of whack. It will not consistently engage the impression during a job. It might impress on 2 sheets then miss 4 then impress on 20 then miss 1. I have tried many different things all to no avail. I know that there are some guidelines for the settings as to where the latch should be set and the pawl but I do not have access to a service manual and I am 200 miles from the nearest tech. I'm wondering if anyone would have this info or any ideas for how to solve this problem.

Thank you very much!
    Angela

2. ganzman72

ganzman72 Member

that is a simple fix, yet complicated to explain in type.ill will give it a shot.feed a sheet of paper through your feed roller.watch how the latch goes up and back.feed another sheet, right when the sheet starts to pull though your feed roller your latch should connect.it is close because your still getting impression,if it was way out you wouldnt get any.you can move the latch up and back with the allen screw setting located at the bottom of it.a no. 7 open faced wrench will unlosen the nut,then slightly turn the allen screw counter clock wise to draw the latch closer to the front of the press.to much and it will stay on impression all the time, so dont turn alot...tighten back up and good to go
    hope i explain it well enough...let me know how you make out.