Hamada 248 Compac water issue

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by smikes, Aug 20, 2008.

1. smikes

smikes Member

Developing a problem with water building up in ink train after 200 sheets. ( visible water beading betweem some rollers) Pressure are within specs on press and compac .Plate apears dry with no excess water and no dripping water seen. Ideling press with out water on clears problem for another 100 sheets.

I work in a shop that ignores my cry of , "These rollers are worn ,shiny and hard" which I believe might be the cause. I need a quick fix to prove my point. I have no pumice to scub rollers with. An old timer once said to run clean motor oil into rollers and that would help, any thoughts?

I have worked here 18 years and we have been loosing some work latly due to economy and a new local printer who spent big bucks on presses and now under bidding us, so I am not getting the supplies I ask for anymore. I have to prove what is wrong before anything is ordered!

2. 5150pressman

5150pressman Senior Member

Try some Ajax. Use it on a spare roller to see if it works.

3. elektorus

elektorus Member

Try with mixture of apple winnegar and water (1:1). Run it in your compac unit for 2-3 min, then try to print. We have Compac3 dampener, and we use this Dampening liqiud mixture: 1L of mixture= 1 dcl IPA, 0,5 dcl Puffer, and rest (8.5dcl) Water.

4. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

I agree. Scrub with a fine scotchbrite pad if badly glazed. ;) I've worked in shops like that. LOL "use what you can find cause we ain't got it" places.

Also what type of plate, solution and mix?