GTOZP-S CPtronic "secret service menu"

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by paulox, Feb 16, 2011.

1. paulox

paulox Member

Dear sirs,

We have a GTOZP-S 1994 and I dont know how to have access to the "secret service menu" of this machine, I think there is a button or something behind the CPTronic display panel, but not sure where is it. I need access on it because I will need replace the NVRam from the ZSK board and the Heidelberg representative warned me of the possibility of a cold reset after installing this new one. My intent is to setup the machine again as GTO with 2 printing units, perfector, etc...

Some expert to explain how to have access on it?

Greetings from Brazil,

Paulo.

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Why do you think you will need to go into the "Heidelberg" screen when you replace the ZSK? There is so much in there that can be screwed up and really you have no way of getting it back if you dont have exact documentation of the present state of the machine. I would try to replace the ZSK without going into the Heidelberg screen first.

3. paulox

paulox Member

A third party technician killed our machine trying to install two double-sheet detectors and this was happened when he, by a mistake, set our GTO as "3 printing units" in the "Heidelberg" menu. Now we aways have a "Heidelberg" message in the display and no green light in the console.
    I was advised by a Heidelberg technician to replace only the NVM module of the ZSK to at least start the machine, not the ZSK board. Do you think the machine will start after we swap this module? Do you know another way to fix the machine please?

Thank you.

4. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Do you have the original key codes to the machine. Usually the come with the machine when its new but since your machine is so old they may have been lost. If you dont have them its very difficult to get it back without calling Heidelberg.

5. paulox

paulox Member

Thank you so much. I will call a expert Heidelberg technician to solve that.

Maybe you can help me a little bit again to try understand the following incident:

Our machine is second hand and was come to us without the double-sheet sensors, but the press always worked fine without them. This week we had the chance to install new ones because the press was off for maintenance, but the technician told us that was is impossible to start production in this model of press without the presence of these sensors and was surprised with the situation.

After many unsuccessfully attempts, he was not able to install the new ones because, he said, the press dont recognized the sensors getting always 0000 in CPtronic service menu.

Is there a chance of the previous owner having performed some type of forced shutdown of the double-sheet sensor in this machine? This forced shutdown can be undone?

This sounds crazy but, I heard from a guy in another printshop that is possible turning off the sensors with a modified version of the SW EPROM. What you think about it?

I really want to put these useful and expensive sensors to work.

Can you show me a way to solve this?

Sorry for so many questions.

Paulo.

6. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Likely the reason why you are able to run without double sheet detectors is because the previous owner didnt want to pay for new ones. He probably found a way to get into the Heidelberg secret menu as you call it, and was able to turn off the double sheet detector.