GTO46 roller configuration

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by emet, Dec 30, 2016.

1. emet

emet Member

I am new to my GTO 46 and am wondering if the Rislan roller that connects the front and back form rollers is supposed to be held in place some how. Mine just sits on top of the middle form rollers. Also I know two other "blue" rollers can go either side of it. I understand this was a slightly later option which my press is supposed to have. Is there a way those rollers are held in place? I have two little blocks with a peg that I can use to apply pressure to one of the rollers but none for ht e other, but I am not even sure this is how it goes.

2. mantman

mantman Senior Member

That rilsan works like a bridge between 2 blue and 3 white form roller and spreads ink. These 3 rollers just sit and held in place by their own weight, as for those little blocks just put them to apply a min pressure with rollers on plate else if you put extra pressure you might push rilsan away from roller 3 white and banding on blanket appear. Check to see if exist a think metal "finger" that rest on form rollers 1 and 3, these can be put beside the roller bearing to stop rollers oscillate or lift it to erase any ghosting. Send me a pm with your email to send you my roller diagram