gto electrical knock out

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by JACK, Oct 31, 2017.

1. JACK

JACK New Member

Hello, we have a '96 GTO Z with alcolor II. It was running fine this morning, finished job, left the main power switch on, walked out for lunch, when I came back the all lights on the press were off and no power to the switches. The fourth fuse from the left, 7A. I believe, was blown . Replaced it , immediately blew again. Any ideas?Thanks, Jack

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

110V control circuit fusing, most often caused by barrier solenoid (magnet) under the feed board getting wet from leakage/overflow of water pan. This is most common, mind you, so hope it's that easy...disconnect one of the wires from the magnet, put in another new fuse, switch on and see what happens.

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir, is a Good idea, to take the Resistance from Barrier Solenoid (Magnet)
    If the DMM(Digital multimeter ) mark "O" ohms, the Coil is in Short Circuit that will be the reason
    the Fuse is Blown. Replace the Solenoid or Repair.
    However if the Coil of Solenoid Measure some Resistance, the Solenoid Is NOT the problem. If you are experience Electrician you must star to the test for troubleshooting , or call any Profession Tech Electrician, for fix it.
    SInce you are dealing according to my schematic D with 220Vca in Main Transformer T6. Carefully!!