GTO 52 VP roller install issue

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by realsteve, Jan 5, 2021.

1. realsteve

realsteve Member

Hi,
    Does anyone have a suggestion or tips for a "stuck" roller holder? The post that slides in to remove the
    the roller will not slide back out to secure the new roller. It is the second unit and the BLUE form roller mount on the op side.
    Things I have already tried:
    Removing the roller to make sure it was not impeding it, it would not slide back even with the roller removed.

Penetrating oil, mild solvent and type wash to try and loosen it in case it was seized from ink or debris

Using a big screwdriver to pry it back out, I have done this to the point of being afraid of breaking the piece.
    Any suggestions woulg be awsome, thanks!

2. mantman

mantman Senior Member

I have the same problem with water form roller and i left it closed -stuck out- from DS and remove it from OS -which opens normally- BUT...when i want it removed from machine i pull it away from oscillator a lot so i can open it else i cant close the pin at all. After i put the roller back in i adjust the pressure to oscillator.

3. realsteve

realsteve Member

Thanks, but I'm not sure I can use that method. With the post being stuck in, the roller cannot be adjusted properly until I can get the post out over the bearing on the end of the roller. It looks like the adjustments depend on that.

4. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

please send pictures so that we can analyze the situation together.Thanks and God bless you

5. realsteve

realsteve Member

6. realsteve

realsteve Member

Top image is the DS where it is proper and the bottom image is the OS where the issue is. I simply cannot figure out why the post will not slide out over the bearing. super frustrated.

7. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

ok, showed the screw you are trying to turn and you turn in which direction? turn counterclockwise it's made the contact but turns clockwise it's remove the roll against the table. Tell me, the two sides have the problem (CS, CE).

8. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

Please remove the blue ink touchpad, we are going to dismantle the bearing together to see the screw which allows the bearing in fact movement is not broken. generally that's what is responsible for that.

9. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Can you get a small handled lever behind the pin to push it back out. I have used that method in the past. I have tool that does that job, so something in your area should be available in a tool shop.

asem alsafady likes this.

10. asem alsafady

asem alsafady Senior Member

I used the same way as mrheidelberg said, you can also use a short 6mm Allen key behind the pin and push it back.
    Good luck.