GTO 52 impression jackets

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by mantman, Oct 27, 2016.

1. mantman

mantman Senior Member

This is a perfector machine running KCMY configuration, equipped with 3 chrome jackets and one coarse -at 3rd Unit color magenta- and i have register and impression issues.
    At units 3 and 4 -magenta/yellow- i have to put extra 0,10 pressure to achieve a good quality of print without mottling. My register issue is a bit weird at 4 corners of sheet -35x50- i get good register BUT in the middle magenta needs backwards 0,05 to 0,10.
    I used gauge to see the difference from bearer ring at jackets and noticed that units 3+4 have +0,35mm over bearer and at units 1+2 i have +0,45mm.
    My blanket+underlays are 1,95+1,15=3,10 -0,05 tension -waterless print needs extra pressure+compressible blankets-
    Today i tried one sheet of 0,05mm at plate of K -and removed from blanket- and got better register still this magenta thing troubles me. Could it be jacket issue?

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

What do breakaway solids look like?

3. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Will give it a go when i get new set of blankets

4. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

How old is this GTO? Does it have the dial with the indicator inside for proper pressure setting or does it have the white arrow? Also, its not uncommon for GTO cylinders to get bumped out of alignment if there is a crash. Where are you getting the jackets from? Heidelberg jackets or aftermarket jackets?

5. mantman

mantman Senior Member

@exheidmech i think it is 1993-94 model
    Pressure indicators are outside and look like man roland rekord/600
    Crashes not that i know of -hope not :)-
    Jacket change took place before i took over and the last jacket was altered for chrome instead of perfector since second previous operator used perf jacket to perforate and perforated the jacket :)

6. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Check to make sure that the distance between the blanket cylinder bearer and the impression cylinder is .35mm with unit on impression. In this position the adjustment dial should read zero.

7. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Filler should be a tight drag or enter between bearers free? Monday will post photos of solid breakaways. Magenta at gripper and tail have more density than middle, also changed to Finito packing and have consistent pressure than manila sheets

8. mantman

mantman Senior Member

[​IMG]

In this photo these lines are electrical interference so dont mind them :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paper was coated 115 gsm -0,11 mm thickness-

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  9. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Regretfully, that's not a good sign. Your next step would be to indicate the runout of the cylinder surface with the jacket removed.

10. mantman

mantman Senior Member

Meaning that cylinders took a hit or something?

11. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Don't want to jump to conclusions, but that appears to be the case. If you don't care to pull the impression jacket, start by indicating the blanket cylinder. That should tell you how much farther you need to go.

12. mantman

mantman Senior Member

I suppose you mean the entire surface of cylinder O.S to D.S and grippers to tail for any abnormalities?

13. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Just one area in the center of image area will be sufficient. From the appearance of the breakaway you pictured, one run from gripper to tail should prove runout. Possibly a combination of collapsed cylinder/bent journals. But again, you'll likely prove the same thing by simply removing the blanket and checking the blanket cylinder. Hope I'm wrong!