GTO 52-2-P Transfer Gripper needle bearings

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Lynden, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Lynden

Lynden Member

Greetings, please advise on best way to change transfer gripper needle bearings NK18/16ASR1 on our 1998 GTO 52-2-P. The 2 sides of the shaft is moving so both the bearings are bad, I guess the overuse of wash down solution that has fallen on the shaft over the years has taken its toll. We have lots of practical experience but not institutional. No specialize tools we have. but very confident and enthusiastic. please help

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

This cannot be accomplished without proper tooling and reference degree values.

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

As already noted by junker, enthusiasm and confidence get you nowhere when it comes to the transfer gripper. Lots of work to get these needle bearings replaced. Also, if the bearings are bad i can pretty much gaurantee you that the gripper bar is also bad. The whole transfer gripper system will need to be pulled from press. Also it is very likely that the control lever is also bad if you had alot of solution spill from pan. For an experienced guy with the proper tools, 2 days worth of work if the whole infeed will need going through. PM me if you are interested in finding someone to help you with this.