GTO 52, 2 color. Image moving

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by DHE, Aug 7, 2011.

1. DHE

DHE Member

I have been asked to look at a GTO 52 2 color were on the second pass the image is moving to the left by about 3mm. I don't know much about operating this m/c but the (lays ?) paper guides have been adjusted all the way in on one side and all the way out on the opposite side. Can anyone give me some tips or has this problem been seen before.

2. spike

spike Senior Member

the lays should not be adjusted in this way if they are you will get a distorted sheet. place sheet up against lays
    the if there are 6 lays or headstops try to use only 2 lays 2-5 with inside and outside lays barely touching sheet.
    then move them away two mm the sheet should only contact 2 headstops good luck

3. nightshifted

nightshifted New Member

Is 2nd pass backing up the sheet or is 2nd pass same side as first? Is sheet registering pull-wise and bounce-wise on the 2nd pass or is it all over the place?
    The lays you say were adjusted was the side guides, right?. Does this do it on all jobs or is this a sudden issue?

4. DHE

DHE Member

Thanks for replying. To answer your questions, (1) Its happening on the 2nd pass same side up on the first unit. (2) Bounce wise, if you mean moving to the side, left side by 3mm all the time. (3) it has been an ongoing issue for some time now.

5. DHE

DHE Member

Thanks for replying. I have done as you suggested but its still happening. I have narrowed it down that it is happening on the first unit, wasn't sure of that at first taught it might have been the hand-over between units. All suggestions welcome.

6. spike

spike Senior Member

dhe your timing might be off move the sideguides out of the way. run sheets without guides if your register improves
    check the timing it may be to early causing bounce.