GTO 52-1Brushless Main.Motor Adjusting Ring Sensor

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Mr Awudu, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Mr Awudu

Mr Awudu New Member

Hi, pls can anyone kindly help me to get my GTO 52-1 with 1999 model having problem with the adjusting ring rotor positioning sensor. I got the encoder wire broken & was fixed by soldiering. We accidentally loosed the 4 bolts holding the sensor ring adjuster but we refixed it back. Now after fixing back everything, the machine can't run even inching nor normal run although I can feel with my hand that the brake is releasing & closing when I inch the machine. I've tried to turn the adjusting sensor ring back & forth in the slot but still the machine can't run. All advices & suggestions are welcome.

2. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Hi sir
    you have lost the zero position of the main motor rotor this is not a big problem, if you are sure that the cut wires are well welded now then the zero and simple position adjustment in the fixing screws there is an oblong where you can move the plate looking for the best position without excessive motor vibration. if the machine starts try increasing the speed more than 7000 RPM and if the machine does not stop then this is the correct setting
    Ood luck

3. Mr Awudu

Mr Awudu New Member

Thanks so much. I think am now in safer hands & in the mist of big guys. You made me relaxed because I just bought this machine. Pls I will try it tomorrow & revert. However further comments & solutions are very very welcome.