GTO 46 feed

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by emet, Dec 21, 2016.

1. emet

emet Member

Can someone explain the GTO feed to me. I just got a new press (new to me, its a 1974). I just did my first job on it and am very happy with the results. I got it feeding quite well at about 5500 per hour. I got it running at 7,000 for little while. The thing is that I really don't have a method. I just tried different settings. Even how high to set the rubber seperators is a bit of a mystery. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

3. mantman

mantman Senior Member

For porous paper try high tilt of sucker bar -from 2 to 4 scale-, blowers as much as high 7 or 6 scale with low blow of air -say 5 to 8 sheets fanned- and if needed turn the rings to close air holes, rubber separators close to middle -height about 1cm over stack of paper- and a bit further inside of paper, if you get doubles turn the sucker tilt more or open the sucker release valve slightly -OS side on sucker bar-
    as for heavier stock sucker bar 0-2, rubber separators middle to outside of paper -i use same height-, blowers 4-5 full or mid air.

Also there are sucker rings for cardboard and colored bars -red, orange- which reduce sucking for very thin papers