gto 46 conventional damper problems

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Paven, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Paven

Paven Member

Hi guys

Please could someone help me. I have a gto46 conventional dampen system. Could someone please help me set these rollers. The problem i am having is that after setting all my rollers i still get ink build up on either side of the plate. The problem which i see wrong is that my adjustment for the 2 form damper cover rollers settings is faulty. I try to adjust this to get a good bounce on the setting but cannot seem to get the bottow settings to give me a good bounce. Has anyone experienced any problems with these settings or could tell me whats wrong? Even if someone could help me out with a pdf of how to set correctly i would really appreciate this.

Just a few things i have done already:
    I have changed my damper cloth, i have check if my dampers are swollen at the ends which is not, i've checked my fount which i think is correct. Well i fill 750ml fount in a 25Litre drum and then pour this into my machine water bottle. (This measurements was given by the supplier). I've adjusted all rollers with all being medium pulls with metal guage.

Any help on cenventional dampening will help so please guys reply with as much info that you can give me. I am willing to learn from you guys. Thank you for your help.

2. panos greece

panos greece Member

3. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Paven
    There is no subtitue for new rubber, i used a peice of film (.004) with a nice drag to set.
    FSA

4. panos greece

panos greece Member

i was working with gto until 1995 .......but believe me its a very special machine i was never have problem ................
    if you set the rollers as you say check if the roller is bad.............
    the three dampening rollers are the same change positions to check

5. dahlgrendan

dahlgrendan New Member

use .004 mylar strips make sure all rolls have drag

6. britjag

britjag New Member

Set conventional dampers

Have run GTO four color conventional for many years - ran with only top damper rubber roller with Imation/3M paper sleeve - no problems but must clean sleeve each evening to prevent dried ink build up. Settings to oscillating chrome are snug even drag on .004 mylar strip each side, and a slight bounce to plate as roller falls into plate gap when press is running.

Important that ductor roller be also set snug and EVEN to oscillating chrome when it is in the rest position. Best way is to loosen both sides slightly til the ductor roller spins loose, then gradually adjust forward onto oscillator chrome on either side until a firm but even drag is felt on the strips. The setting to the pan roller is spring loaded and normally needs no adjustment.

Try Hyton #33 roller cover for the ductor cover - comes in a big roll - you can also use on form rollers if you wanted.

Good luck.

Britjag