grey pantone hp5000 covers? problems with overheat ink hp3050!

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by indigo2015, Sep 1, 2015.

1. indigo2015

indigo2015 Member

Hello i have two questions if anybody can help me!

first: I woul like to varnish some scrathes that i got in my hp5000. Does any body knows which color pantone are the grey covers from the machine. so i can buy the correct varnish?

Second: Sometimes hp3050 inks get overheat +34degrees and machine goes off mode. i try bypassing ink temperature for cooling manual from the sw but doesnt goes in standby so i cant. so i need to put cold i. oil inside the tank.
    in hp5000 works but in hp3050 seams doesnt reads the bypass temp.
    Has anybody got the same problem?

Any help will be welcome.

thank you

2. Kringle

Kringle Member

The most likely problem is that the inks are probably overheating in your 3050 because the solenoid actuated valves behind the tanks that let the coolant in are stuck. It seems to happen semi often. I can't remember exactly how to take them apart as it has been a while, but I remember that it wasn't difficult at all. There is a plunger type valve inside and it gets gummed up with crud and sticks. You might have to remove the tanks to get to them. As I remember, when you remove the valve the coolant will start to bubble out, so if you have someone near that can keep their finger over the hole and possibly a rag nearby to catch the spill, it will be helpful.

Another possible problem is the thermostats readers for your tank heaters are dirty or defective.

If all of the colors do in simultaneously, there might be some sort of issue with your chiller or the lines leading to it. You want to make sure the lines leading to and from your chiller have that pipe insulation wrapped around them to prevent temp loss. Lastly ask the guys on digital print republic. that site seems to be almost exclusively indigo guys. Crappy site, but great advice from hp users.

Best of luck!

Good luck