graphix powder system trouble

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by khouryabdo, Jan 25, 2013.

1. khouryabdo

khouryabdo Member

hi
    I have a man roland 700 equipped with a graphix powder system. ( pic attached ) i have been facing some troubles with the system wich is the powder unit is shutting down and it will recover after 10 sec automatically and recently the powder system is turns on automaticly even if the machine is not printing and it will turn off automatocly after 10 seconds
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks and best regards
    Abdo khoury

Attached Files:

2. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

My experience with graphix powder systems is that the pressure switch fails, the compressor gets weak and they abhor wet spray powder. I can see from your picture that you have spray powder issues - clean out the bowl, vacuum it out and blow out the lines. Only use dry powder that flows like liquid next time!
    Having said all that, if it turns on automatically without the press printing, I would check your interface. Disconnect the interface wiring to the press and see if the problem continues or goes away. If it continues you probably need to focus on the graphix sprayer electronics. If it goes away, take a look at the press interface.
    Good luck!

3. khouryabdo

khouryabdo Member

Abdo khoury

Thanks for the Advice but if u can tell me what do you mean by the interface??
    Thanks
    Abdo khoury

4. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

An interface is the circuitry that turns on the sprayer automatically - that usually means it is wired to the press. The press tells it when it is printing and sometimes how fast it is running.

5. controlgraphics

controlgraphics Senior Member

6. khouryabdo

khouryabdo Member

hello,
    Thanks you for your quick replies. The Problem That the powder turns on automatically without the printing has disappeared by it self without doing anything. but i still have the problem that the powder system shuts off automatically while printing. But when i switch in the graphics menu the operation mode from 1 to 2 then re-switch it again from 2 to 1 the powdering system restarts automatically.
    But weirdly yesterday this process is no longer helpful so i had to run it manually on emergency mode.
    Any suggestion ?

Thanks and best regards.
    Abdo khoury

7. khouryabdo

khouryabdo Member

hello,
    Thanks you for your quick replies. The Problem That the powder turns on automatically without the printing has disappeared by it self without doing anything. but i still have the problem that the powder system shuts off automatically while printing. But when i switch in the graphics menu the operation mode from 1 to 2 then re-switch it again from 2 to 1 the powdering system restarts automatically.
    But weirdly yesterday this process is no longer helpful so i had to run it manually on emergency mode.
    Any suggestion ?

Thanks and best regards.
    Abdo khoury