Grafix srat powder

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Mattsm74, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Mattsm74

Mattsm74 Member

Drive side front of delivery

2. Mattsm74

Mattsm74 Member

So it runs to control cabinet to the module/ board in picture i posted before the last one then back up to delivey

3. Mattsm74

Mattsm74 Member

Started press up this morning been running all day 10hrs so far no fault

4. Waqas_zahid

Waqas_zahid Senior Member

I wonder why I do not see a terminator on the powder unit for the CAN communication?

5. Mattsm74

Mattsm74 Member

There is just behind cable

6. Waqas_zahid

Hi, has the fault been resolved?

7. Mattsm74

Mattsm74 Member

No waiting for Heidelberg tech to come in already had eltoch grafix in to take a look at the powder unit its self replaced a few parts that that didn't have any thing to do with the communication error. They said its gonna be on the press end of it. Heidelberg is gonna try install new can cable and if thats not it pull the board on it

8. Mattsm74

Mattsm74 Member

Im almost thinking board because this last time I stopped press to cut down some more paper when I came back there was a control cabinet fault along with fault during operation when I powered of press and rebooted the communication error came up. It is very intermittent happens while running ,changing plates, inching press while cleaning, or while its just sitting not running

9. Waqas_zahid

I am not sure how the powder unit is connected on the machine, does it share a common CAN bus with the other peripheral units or is it on a separate CAN, the cable could be the problem if it is sharing the CAN, and that too is easily checked, making sure no pins shorted out and that there is a resistance of 60ohm between pin2 and pin7 (if i remember correctly) on a cable that has been terminated twice.

10. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

That's my question from the beginning bro, but no feedback

11. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

As far as I know this control box is discontinued and obsolete since 2012. You would be so lucky if Heidelberg still have one in stock.

12. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Once this problem appears, can you see dampening circulation values on screen? It's very important to know.
    I asked you earlier to check CANBUS cable routing. You should check if this cable is connected directly to main cabinet or it is shared with technotrans damp. circulation or CoatingStar.
    Does your machine have DWBA (Detection of Whole Body Access) sensor in Delivery?

13. Waqas_zahid

If I can get the machine number I would look that up for you, I see two CAN buses on the REK2, one of them is probably for the peripheral units and the other might be for the delivery DIPM. I am thinking may be the CAN cable from the preceding peripheral to the powder is defective.