Goss M600 Foila

Discussion in 'Web-Presses' started by Guest 82818-824, Oct 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Guest 82818-824

Guest 82818-824 Previous User

Anyone have any experiance on one of these? There would seem to be some advantages to this press bridging the gap between sheet-fed and web-offset, for one, no worries about environmental health with regards to needing an afterburner with heatset webs and true blanket to blanket impression.

http://www.gossinternational.com/clientuploads/folia/index.htm

2. inkman99

inkman99 New Member

Yeah, lots of time on that press, formerly known as the Heidelberg M600, if this is the same ? I know Goss bought their division. Sheetfed quality but with SPEED ! Short or long runs, great press.
    Good luck,
    S

3. Guest 82818-824

What??? The M600 is a heatset weboffset press with a folder!
    This press starts with reels but only has a sheeter on the end.

4. inkman99

inkman99 New Member

Yeah thats OK too, these presses (all presses) can be configured just about anyway possible.

5. Guest 82818-824

??? You really haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about have you!

6. inkman99

inkman99 New Member

I'm not going to argue these facts, perhaps the M600 foila is a different press than the one I used to work on. YES, most presses when ordered from the manufacturer can have any number of units, with a folder or without, with a sheeter or with out, etc....... I've been in printing for almot 30 yrs. and I do know what I'm "talking about". Like I stated before maybe we are thinking of something else, good luck.

Regards,
    Scott :)