Gloss streaks on C7010VP

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by Mike C, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Mike C

Mike C Member

Service seems kind of stumped on this one. I'm getting .25" to .5" bands running in process direction (not ink or dirt but where it looks like a roller is wearing into the paper) that show on gloss stock when you hold to the light at an angle. It's bad enough that I've had to divert gloss work to another device.

Service has replaced both fuser rollers more than once, along with many other parts that I'm not as familiar with (we just got the machine and I'm not yet trained in the maintenance of it -- go to school next month). Anyway, they took some samples and are consulting about it, but I'm not sure when this is going to be fixed and wanted to see if anybody had any ideas and suggestions.

2. jusjon808

jusjon808 New Member

Our Canon techs would change out the developer and that did clear up the banding problem but eventually the problem would return.

It wasn't until we got switched over to having our printer serviced by Océ that we found out it could be faulty drum drive gears. Once those were replaced the banding went away. The tech checked the originals and even though there really wasn't any play between the gears he still changed it out anyway. I'm guessing the tolerance is super tight.

I don't know if this will fix yours but it worked for us.