Getting rid of plate margins on DPM2340

Discussion in 'Platemaking' started by Dagoof, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Dagoof

Dagoof Member

Was wondering if anyone could help - I'm still quite inexperienced with my DPM and trying to get to grips with a little problem. I use a 340mm wide plate roll and print from postscript pagemaker documents which are set to 339.7mm wide. The problem is the DPM leaves a 7mm border down the right hand side (the border picks up a lot of ink which is causing problems).

I've tried playing around with the document's width and also the margin settings for the DPM but I can't seem to find a combination that works. Bit of a long shot but could anyone familiar with DPMs recommend anything?

2. Albuq. Henry

Albuq. Henry Member

We also use the same DPM. I have never seen the problem you are having. Is the border with in the sheet size? Can you see it when you roam? I would also look inside the drum and see if there is something blocking the laser and it is not exposing that area....

3. Dagoof

Dagoof Member

Hi Albuq,

Yes, it's within the sheet size - the 340mm roll is loaded in the media manager as having an actual width of 339.7, so I've also set the document width to 339.7mm.

In the page setup manager I also have it set to the maximum allowable from the drop down tab (which is actually 339.72mm).

Sorry, I know it's a real 'newbie' question but I'm still unfamiliar with roaming - could you explain how to check?

4. Albuq. Henry

Albuq. Henry Member

I am not sure we are using the same software but in the output contoller, when you highlight your job there is a button in the center that says roam, press this and a window opens with an image of what your dot patern looks like. in this window in the upper left there is a pull down menu caled roam, press this and choose reduced roam. This will show you most of the image you are going to print. Now if the bad image is seen there the problem I would guess is with the settings when sending the job.... We never print post script so not sure if this might not apply...-Henry

5. Dagoof

Dagoof Member

Thanks for the info Henry - don't have a roaming function but spoke with a presstek engineer today and managed to get it sorted. Newbie mistake as I thought, the casette was incorrectly set up from the previous owner!