General issues of covering the shaft with rubber and repairing the bearing journals.

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by Mehanka Abortmaher, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Mehanka Abortmaher

Mehanka Abortmaher Senior Member

Have a nice day, ladies and gentlemen!
    Sent a few shafts in for repair. In this regard, the question is: how well and on time do your counterparties produce rubber coating and complex repair of shaft necks?

2. Mehanka Abortmaher

For example, my contractors, who are at "arm's length" three or several plants, which are only 1600-4000 kilometers away, repair and rubberize my shafts in a very peculiar way. The worst of them are able to ignore the hardness of the rubber layer and make the water roll with a hardness of 60 Sha units instead of 24.
    Others strictly observe the hardness, geometric dimensions, but ignore the repair of the support pins.
    The third does not care about the crushed conical bases of the shafts and the rubber coating gives a contact strip of 3mm and after 180 degrees of rotation 7mm. The fourth ones do not know how to rubberize spiral shafts (for example, the shafts of MBO folding machines).
    This leads me to chthonic horror, deprives me of sleep and appetite. Each send in for repair adds gray hair on the head.
    Fifths do almost perfectly, pay attention to all aspects and subtleties of repair, up to painting metal bases in the color corresponding to the factory marking. Repair takes a few days, delivery two to three months.
    Sixths prefer to burn the rubber coating and return bent shafts that break bearings and bearing mounts.
    How is this work in your country or region? Maybe you prefer buying new shafts to repair? What difficulties do you face when choosing a renovation?

3. Mehanka Abortmaher

How much effort do you put in to get the perfect result?

4. Mehanka Abortmaher

Sometimes it happens "Al dentte", large diameter shafts with different hardness of the rubber layer and pronounced "castle" transitions 2/3 or 3/4 of the length of the shaft.
    My karma is to collect all technological errors. I'll tell you about the curse of "sharp knives" in a separate topic when inspiration comes. Many thanks to everyone who read this opus. :)