Fuser temperature too low

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Neess, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Neess

Neess Senior Member

Hey.

Every time i put in a new fuser roll during a run, or shortly after a run i get that fault, it doesnt really matters that much as im always logged in as PSP and can just reset the fault by disabeling fuser lamps at chain 10b under component control.
    Im just wandering wether its a problem on our igen3's, or all of you have to reset your Igen3's every time you change a fuser roll?

2. richman

richman Senior Member

I think it's a common error for igen3's (I used to run one). I run an igen4 now and I rarely see that fault. Like you said, you just have to reset the NVM or you can open and close the drawer after a minute or so, before the error occurs.

3. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

This happens to me every time unless I do as richman said and open/close the drawer roughly a minute after placing a new roll in to reset it and not have to go in through PSP as it will resume warming up all the way.

4. ThomiGen

ThomiGen Member

This also happens to me when I have been running a while and the external heat rolls are very hot and I put in a really cold roller. My remedy is that I saddle up the cold roller and let the external heat rolls warm up the fuser a little before I connect the contacts. I also use this time to wipe my hard fuser roller and inspect around the fuser compartment.

5. mikeGEN

mikeGEN Member

Whenever I get this message, I log into Internal (eng1123) and open diagnostics, e6miop, component control dc0330, 10A Fuser Components, then check the intrusive box... WALAH... It works for me but you know how all iGens have their own personality...

6. JHC17

JHC17 Member

I put in a HR and re-initialize psip. The time it takes to do this allows the HR to warm up enough not to fault out.

7. mikeGEN

mikeGEN Member

@JHC17
    That's cool if you got time...but if you don't like at our shop...its a quick fix that works :)

8. JHC17

JHC17 Member

Nice, so if I put in the cold HR and log into psp and intrusive I wont get the fault?

9. mikeGEN

mikeGEN Member

Yeah, leave the fuser in and when you get the fault, log into internal,intrusive...etc... it works- saves fusers/saves time