fuser roll looks bad...

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by kreuzi, Oct 9, 2017.

1. kreuzi

kreuzi Member

WTF... i dont know wat happening to my fuser roll.... locks like some toner builds up ....

fuser roll.JPG

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

If this is an iGen, check the metering roll blade and see if it has pulled out in the center. If it has, then re-insert and make sure the screw that helps secure it is tight. It is located at the front center of the ram assy. . It screws in from underneath the front center edge of the ram assembly ( the edge that faces the fuser roll).

3. kreuzi

kreuzi Member

hey milo, yes the machin is a igen 150.... everthing is ok with the metering roll blade... i wondering why the toner only build up in shape of a drop... and not a round the fuser roll like a normal stripe...

4. Milo Wilson

Did you just replace the roll or has it been running fine for a while and then this started happening?

5. kreuzi

kreuzi Member

it has bin running fine for a while ... and after 2000 sheet's from the same job... it start happening... no replacement for the fuser roll... was a new one only 5000 print's before this job

6. flangmasterj

flangmasterj Member

I get this on light gloss stocks (128gsm) at roughly the same interval. I just replace the heat roll each time. Cleaning it doesn't fix the problem.

7. Milo Wilson

Check above the fuser assy. Underneath the fuser exhaust fan area. Sometimes there is fuser vapor buildup on the frame under there and it can drip down.

8. charlieapps123

charlieapps123 Member

We've had exactly the same problem here.
    Fuser maintenance done regularly so didn't need doing when the fault occurred.
    Tech had no idea so went away to "think."
    He advised us to run only fuser fluid 2.
    Things have improved greatly, although it still happens occasionally (usually when you haven't checked for about a thousand sheets).
    Hope this helps.