Fiery Hot Folders with reg marks

Discussion in 'Fiery RIPs' started by meb, Nov 23, 2010.

1. meb

meb New Member

Hi,

I'm working in a small digital printing company which produces a lot of Business cards digitaly, and we are having some issues with registration. We are printing SRA3 sheets on a Canon Image runner advance 9060, and finishing with a Duplo DC-645 which can read regestration marks which is supposed to correct any skew/allignment issues whilst printing. My problem is however that we are starting to use Fiery command station 5's hot folders but have no way of including the registration marks needed in this workflow. Does anyone know if this is possible to do or if there is another allternative to adding the Reg marks??

Thanks

2. meb

meb New Member

Ok then,

is it then possible to add a Duplo readable registration mark after i have sent the file to the hot folders for imposing i.e printing a reg mark as a watermark from the print driver??

3. meb

meb New Member

Thought the idea about Forums was that people open up discussions and share idea's about solutions...over 100 views and 0 responses!! Any suggestions are welocome. :)

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

It appears no one here knows the answer to your question yet -- I only use my layout app to put on crop marks so I can't help you yet.

You might also give the http://fieryforums.efi.com/ a try -- I believe they are manned by the guys at EFI now.

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

P.S. how long have you had your Duplo DC-645 and are you pleased with it?
    If it corrects skew per sheet based on the reg marks as advertised, that sounds pretty darn nice to go with digital machines with slightly imperfect registration which is always a thorn in my side a bit when doing smaller cards with content close enough to a fold or cut to show it.