Feeders won't stay level, stuck shut.

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by oldgen, Jan 15, 2013.

1. oldgen

oldgen Member

Hi, This is a great forum and I appreciate the help and tips I have received in the past! The most recent problem we are having is with the feeders. They have a tendency to tilt forward (towards the print engine) as they get lower on stock. Usually I can remove the stock and open/close the drawer and it will cycle and re-level itself. On occasion though one will level up only to tilt after 30 or 40 sheets, then I get a message that I have a stock mismatch. If it isn't re-leveled right away it will tilt enough it can't be opened. Our Xerox techs have adjusted something in the back after removing a cover but it still won't stay level. Right now I can use it if I don't put more than 200 or so sheets in it. How does it determine how to tilt? Is there a sensor I can clean? We have two Igen4 machines and they are real workhorses if you stay on top off the cleaning and have lots of patience. Thanks!

2. cisco605

cisco605 Member

tilt sensor is on top of feeder toward front edge where paper enters its long rectangle its about 5inches behind the green manual knob. have tray pulled out about half way its easier to see. give it a wipe and you should be good to go

3. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

You need to manually rotate the lift motors at the back of the tray if it has hit the override switch. (Power off first for safety). If one of the lift drive belts is loose it will cause it to jump.

If you have an XL or XXL tray hardware installed make sure that the tilt sensor has not been disabled. The install instructions for these trays mentions to disable the sensor but I have found this causes more problems than when enabled

--
    Mark

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

I have this problem too. annoying. never gets stuck shut, but it does cause jams ALL THE TIME.

empty drawer, cycle up/down, reload. gets about half empty. would be cool if there were a manual override toggle or something...to adjust by hand like I do the black and white machines...

was funny when I started on this thing with no training. I was throwing in wadded up paper to adjust for curls and what not...tech says, "this isnt a highlight color, you dont have to do that" LOL made my day....