Feeder Pump

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Jason, Oct 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Jason

Jason New Member

I'm running a Ryobi 3302 and have had zero problems until recently. The air pump for the feeder has frozen...twice. The first time it locked up I assumed it was because the pump wasn't getting proper lubrication. I took the pump apart, cleaned everything, lubed everything and put it back together. It has worked fine for three months until yesterday (10.11.07) when it locked up again.

I am sure it has been using oil from the the oil reservoir, maybe just not enough? I checked the path from the reservoir to the pump and there was nothing clogging the way. The oil I use is what is recommended in the manual. I don't want to spend the money on a new pump if I really don't need to.

Has anyone ever has this problem? Any suggestions to find a solution? Any wear patterns to look for to determine if the pump is on its way to being scrap metal? Anyone....?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

2. Mechanic

Mechanic Senior Member

take it apart again , and this time do a better job. Clean ic thoroughly, grind worn parts, replace the bearings, throw the old bearings far away, replace the filters, clean with compressed air the airpipes.

3. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Are you using the correct weight vac pump oil? It's a fairly lightweight oil and not the same as the central and hand oiler. And the oil reservior has the pipe cleaner in it that draws the oil into the pump yes? Ditto what Mechanic has said. I would also suggest buying a rebuild kit with new vanes and bearings and or have a shop rebuild it if you don't have the correct tools. While it's not brain surgery there are factory specs and clearances that must be checked as a guideline. Where are you located?

4. superteto

superteto Previous User

contact me:ercupa@netscape.net

superteto