Feeder head problems

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by mark c., Feb 23, 2019.

1. mark c.

mark c. New Member

Hi, this is my first post and i would like somebody to help me, when i start making ready on feeder, the suction head height moves down to meet the upper pile, but then the moves up and then down.The head continues this little up down movement,I drop pile back down 2 or 3 times and the movement stops and its OK to run. Then on to the next job and its ok -very intermittent problem? I come next day and its ok for half the day then the problems appears again.The press timing has been checked and is ok. This is a Manroland 305 1998 5- color press.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    I believe that you have problem with the Feeder timing, position drive motor adjustment, with the
    2 sensors: zero sensor +max sensor.
    The adjustment is doing using water level in the adjustment block.
    If you do not have the expertise and the tech documentation, recommend you to call the service Man Roland or tech for fix it.
    However you can test both sensors, for Dirty, faulty, loose wires, broker, or faulty connector, oxide: Clean very well with Special Contacts cleaners.

3. TMI

TMI Member

I have a Manroland 700 of the same vintage. On the 700 you can switch at your console between feeder foot pressure or sensor for pile height. If the 300 has this feature check to see what it is set for. I found some substrates run better with the foot pressure if it is real wave or lumpy loads. Also you can adjust the height of the foot manually. This will effect both sensor and feeder foot.