Feeder errors stopping the machine

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Limbani Nandolo, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Limbani Nandolo

Limbani Nandolo New Member

Hi colleagues

I am running SM 74 single unit and am having a problem where by there are two errors on the feeder console.

First error is that one of early sheet, this error is always there even when the machine is not running.

When I press the run button the second error emerges that is, the error of sheet misalignment, this one is the one stopping the machine all of a sudden. The machine stops when the front lay grippers reach the front lay sensors to complete the rotation.

I tried to wipe the front lays sensors and run but still not, so I tested the operators side sensor by covering it with a finger and run, the machine did not run, I did the same with the drive side sensor and the machine run but suddenly stopped.

Help me know what would be the problem that makes the machine stop suddenly.

Help me out am colleagues

Attached Files:

2. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

It looks like double sheet detector make sure you measure your paper correctly before input print material if it is 22mm try 25mm.

3. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Hi sir
    this image is not sufficient you must enter the faults menu and then diagnose and show me exactly the error message that you have like that I cannot know exactly, but from experience you must change the starting rollers if your machine has a sensor on the wheel.
    take me an image of the margin table + the double sheet sensor and send me the details of the error as I indicated in the diagnostic menu on the cp2000 screen