Eyekom IIB

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Osvaldo58, Feb 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Osvaldo58

Osvaldo58 Member

I need information, instructions, manuals, circuits for EYEKOM IIB instaled in KOMORI BP 425. What "Double sheet detectors" setup:confused:?
    Thanks

Osvaldo:confused:

2. Print Demonstrator

Print Demonstrator New Member

Try komori Demonstrator on this site his email is paul@komori-demonstrator.com i am sure he will be able to help tel him J.T said you would be able to help.

Regards.
    J.T

3. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Don't know if my reply went though so I'll try again. Are you having a specific problem with the Eyekom or do you just need setup instructions? There is not much information available except what's in the press operators manual. I have some info on how to adjust the Eyekom and could forward it to you if that's what you need.

4. Osvaldo58

Osvaldo58 Member

Sr. Klecman

Thank you for their answer. I ignore the steps to adjust the Eyekom and I don't have the complete manuals. Would you be able to send me a help of as adjusting it?
    Thanks

Osvaldo

5. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Eyekom IIB Adjusting Procedure

EYEKOM IIB SETTING PROCEDURE

1) Rotate the press so that the sensor paddles are raised.

2) Clean the projection lenses and sensors under the paddles with alcohol or a dampened cloth or Q-Tip. Wipe the surfaces with a clean dry cloth or Q-Tip.

3) Rotate the press to approximately 295 degrees.

4) While holding down the “ADJUST” button

A) Turn the “P” control to the point at which the lamp is just off.
    B) Turn the “D” control to the point at which the lamp is just on.
    C) Turn the “LF” control to the point at which the lamp is just off.
    D) Turn the “RF” control to the point at which the lamp is just off.

5) Release the “ADJUST” button. The lamps should change to their opposite states. When the “ADJUST” button is pressed again, the lamps should appear as in step # 4.

Adjust Button Depressed . . . . . . Adjust Button Released

P --- OFF. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . P --- ON

D --- ON . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D --- OFF

LF --- OFF. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LF --- ON

RF --- OFF. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . LF --- ON

If any of the lamps will not set as shown above, try adjusting the paddle sensors so that they are directly over the projection lamps. The center paddle is the double sheet detector and should be no more that 2.5 mm. above the projector lens. If the lens is cloudy it can be removed temporarily until a new lens is installed. New lenses must be carefully trimmed to fit tightly into the cutout. Super glue can be used but be careful not to cloud the lens. Order extra lenses as they can easily be broken during fitting.

If you suspect a faulty sensor, connect a voltmeter to the two outer pins of the sensor plug. The meter should indicate just under 0.5 volt when the sensor is illuminated. The double sheet sensor paddle may appear similar to the LF and RF paddles but should have a larger square photocell when viewed from the bottom.

If the settings will not hold, tap the faceplate of the Eyekom. If the LED lamps flicker, the Eyekom should be repaired of replaced . If any of the LED lamps flicker while turning the dials, this also indicates that the Eyekom should be repaired or replaced.

6. Osvaldo58

Osvaldo58 Member

Thanks Very much!!!
    I am probe this indications
    Thanks.

Osvaldo

7. klecman

klecman Senior Member

Eyekom IIB Adjusting Procedure

You are very welcome. I am retired from 20 years as a Komori Electrical Technician and would be glad to try to help with your Eyekom or any other electrical problems. I am mostly familiar with the older presses and have had very little experience with the new LS and SP models. The older models are easier to repair since they don't have the new complex electronics.

8. Osvaldo58

Osvaldo58 Member

I am very grateful for their information. It is what needed so that the system works. I would like to be able to consult it in case another inconvenience appeared. Sincerely
    Osvaldo

9. klecman

klecman Senior Member

OK, I would be pleased to help. I'm glad you got it working.