Estimating Software for Microsoft Access

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by discountprintingservice, Jan 12, 2015.

1. discountprintingservice

discountprintingservice Senior Member

Would anyone on here be interested in estimating software I wrote that runs in Microsoft Access ?

I built it out of my own personal necessity as I didn't like any of the commercial versions available for various reasons. I wanted something that was easy and simple to use so anyone could quickly do a quote from one single screen using drop down menus for paper, presses, bindery, ctp, etc. The only time I leave the screen is if I need to update machine or paper costs or add a new customer. I developed it several years ago based on an Excel spreadsheet that I also wrote years earlier. By design it will quote work for both offset or digital presses, film or CTP, cutting, bindery function and more.

I am considering developing & marketing it to offset & digital printers and wanted to get some feed back...

2. faizeej

faizeej Member

You can share to me... because we also use Excel based system for costing system... for offset packaging

3. 1leonchen

1leonchen Member

Lets have a go at it. Do a demo model. Pick a few testers on this fourm and let them review it. My input also can it calculate cost per page for digital would be a good selling point. Especially if it can do diffrent covrages. And if it can calculates off-set. It would sell to most small to medium production houses. Sign me up when u can. I give u a honest review.