ERROR 88 on Polar 115 EMC.

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by wunmi-50, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi!

I am not sure the AR board was the problem. The error 88 is normally related to inputs of the cut circuit and the safety bolt. The board AR is controlling the backgauge movement.

In case of error 88 usually the safety bolt is not working correct.
    Above the gearbox is a metal cover. If you take this cover of you see a horizontal working coil with two proximity switches. This whole unit is mounted with four metric Allan key screws (Allan key 5mm) into the main frame. Switch the machine off and take the four screws out. Now you are able to pull the whole unit together with the coil, the safety bolt, etc. out of the frame. You clean the whole inside the main frame and the bolt. If you like to grease you have to use lubrication witch does not become sticky. Maybe a thin layer of DW40 or equivalent will help. Now you assemble the whole unit. Do not forget the spacer at the frame. This big square washer looks a bit strange, but the cutout is necessary against vacuum. Get the four screws tight and check the machine function.

If this does not help I have some questions.
    Did the problem started after changing the knife?
    Do you have the electrical drawings for the machine? If not I need an Email address.
    Do you know an electrician which understands the electrical drawing a bit?

Good luck
    Coloured paper

2. rbruce63

rbruce63 Member

Hi Coloured paper: We will do what you say! I have a manual called Service Manual 4 and there are no electrical wiring plans nor error description in this manual. We have cleaned, lubricated the proximity switches and lubricated the big coil with WD40 as said. We used to use #Pencil graphite to no success, the whole assembly was taken apart and cleaned. There was signs of age but no paper dust inside, however, on the solenoid that moves for the proximity switches there was paper dust and it was cleaned. Please provide the wiring plans if possible. We have an electrician in house that is performing the check up and I are doing the translation to him. Our email is licori@racsa.co.cr

3. Coloured paper

Now you should have (via Mail) the electrical drawings and an instruction about the necessary tests.

Good luck

Coloured paper

4. joven89

joven89 New Member

Service Manual

We are currently facing this error 88 on our Polar Mohr 115 emc, and we don't have any service manual for it. can somebody guide us and send the service manual of this machine. thank you in advance..

5. Coloured paper

Above the gearbox is a metal cover. If you take this cover of you see a horizontal working coil with two proximity switches. This whole unit is mounted with four metric Allan key screws (Allan key 5mm) into the main frame. Switch the machine off and take the four screws out. Now you are able to pull the whole unit together with the coil, the safety bolt, etc. out of the frame. You clean the whole inside the main frame and the bolt. If you like to grease you have to use lubrication witch does not become sticky. Maybe a thin layer of DW40 or equivalent will help. Now you assemble the whole unit. Do not forget the spacer at the frame. This big square washer looks a bit strange, but the cutout is necessary against vacuum. Get the four screws tight and check the machine function.

Do you have the electrical drawings for the machine? If not I need an Email address.

Coloured paper

6. rbruce63

rbruce63 Member

Hi Coloured Paper:

We are sending the IAR board to the USA for exchange as the machine exhibits the same problems, starting with error 88 at the start.

Regards,

Robert H. Bruce

7. Coloured paper

Coloured paper

8. Jeffrey W Norton

Jeffrey W Norton New Member

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir.
    Hi hope you are well.
    This problem 88 is to due: 1) safety bolt mechanical stifness in it is movement 2) By that reason the knife is NOT in the Upper most position 3) Test the limit switch S.SB or sensor, look for disadjustment, loose wires, lack of voltage (+24Vdc) or bad contacts for limit S,or sensor faulty( the light is green with is o.k) Clean it very well. Use your schematic diagram for adjustment. and terminal cables,
    If everything is o.k and the Fault appearing again, the PCB- IAR is faulty however test the fuse F1.
    And must be sure FOR to LUBE the safety bolt, with graphite of pencil, very well. See if there are+42VDC in his terminal of Solenoid. The knife must be in the Upper most position VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!
    Let me know any question or doubt.

10. Godwill

Godwill Member

Hello sir can you help me here....polar115EMC....No.5731101 if i insert card EST the fuse in card PS24 cuts off