Error 603 on our Polar Mohr 66

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Okwonga, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Okwonga

Okwonga New Member

Hello,
    we have a polar 66 cutter model 2007. The machine has developed an error coded 603. When the machine is switched on, it boots normally but when we cut, sometimes the knife does not reach the cutting stick immediately so it does not cut.
    At times it cuts a few times, then the error comes on and the machine does not cut.
    The knife moves downwards but never reaches the cutting stick, then the error appears and from then on, the error will persist. any advise? Anyone encountered this and how did you solve it. For further engagements, you can reach me on jokwonga@yahoo.com or +256752018552. We do not have serious Polar Engineers to help us out in my country.

2. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

Hi Okwonga!
    On the right side of the machine you have a cover. If you open it, you see right of the hydraulic cylindre a wire. This wire is pulling an encoder called MHS.
    The error message 603 is from this encoder. The computer does not understand the counting signals or the signal the knife in the bottom dead center.

You can check if the wire is working correct. You need allways a bit of tension. This tension is just enough to pull the wire. If there is not tension the return spring is broken. If the tension is ok I have to make for you an explanation for the setting of the encoder.

Good luck
    Coloured paper

3. Okwonga

Okwonga New Member

Dear Coloured paper,
    Thank you so much for your elaborate help.
    Now, we checked the wire you referred to above and it's working correctly. The problem could be now with the setting of the encoder as suggested above.
    Kindly help us with the explanation for the setting of the encoder so that we so that we get this done. I will keep you posted of the results as soon as we use the explanation.
    Thank you so much for the help.
    Okwonga

4. Bcaven

Bcaven New Member

Hello.

We are having the same trouble wiht our Polar Mohr 66. Getting the 603 Knife Position Error and trying to figure out how to adjust the encoder to get rid of the error.

Any info would be very helpful. Thank you.

5. Symmetry

Symmetry New Member

Same problem 603 & 654 & 653 :S any help?