Epson Stylus Pro 9800 - colours printing very wrong

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by colourful creative, Jun 10, 2015.

1. colourful creative

colourful creative New Member

Hi guys,
    what a great forum with alot of really useful info, i am hoping someone can help me with this problem as its driving me mad!! i have the old Epson stylus pro 9800 running pigment inks, i have tried printing from windows 8 machine, windows 7 and vista with no joy, the colour chart print comes out perfect colour same as screen but when it comes to printing a photo or image with details it really goes wrong mainly greens and browns printing the colours but with no detail i have added two prints to give an idea maybe someone can point me in the right direction i have tried many different paper styles etc and followed online setup guides with no joy!

Attached Files:

2. gavint

gavint New Member

I'd start from the beginning - what programs are you using to print from? Are there colour profiles loaded? This photo is giving a problem - what about other photos - same problem? The the sample print on the left looks like one of the ink heads isn't firing. I'd re-run the nozzle check and see if they are blocked. This causes the problem.

I only experience colour issues when I have blocked nozzles. I have an old computer set-up to print from - it's a windows XP machine running adobe CS 3. I just use it to load and print files.

3. colourful creative

Hi there
    currently using windows 8.1 and photoshop cs6, i remeber i used to run it on a windows xp machine using photoshop cs3 but i cant get this new machine to backtrack to windows xp

4. colourful creative

i have managed to install xp and cs3 on a machine still with no joy, the nozzle check is perfect! but still colours are coming out the same