Epson 9900

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by stvbrn975, May 26, 2014.

1. stvbrn975

stvbrn975 New Member

I have a problem which I have seen for the past few days.. Can anyone diagnosis this for me? It appears only in cyan. And I have cleaned the heads, but every time I print solid cyan banding occurs and also these dots.

Attached Files:

2. IT Supplies

IT Supplies Senior Member

If you've tried cleaning and it still occurs, it may be that the Cyan is slightly clogging by itself and the cleanings won't fix it. Try making a small 1"x1" box in the photo program that you're using and fill it with the color that is banding. Normally you can search for "Cyan pantone code" and a website should provide it on the search. Print it out a few time and only the specific color should be printing. https://www.google.com/#q=cyan+pantone+code

If you print on other media with no issue from the same color, it may be the media is defective and should get a replacement from the place you purchased from. Just a few options. Otherwise, if it's doing it on many different types of media and you've tried all options available, it may be that the Cyan nozzles are behind unclogging and need to contact Epson (if the warranty is past); contact an Authorized Service Center to better assist you.
    Just put your zip code in the search and a list of locations should come up.
    http://epson.pricespider.com/ServiceLocator.aspx?country=US&sku=SP9900HDR#location=38554

IT Supplies

3. Scorotron

Scorotron Member

Try an SSCL. this is a very powerful clean and will use some ink up. i wouldn't recommend doing more than 3 unless you start to see vast improvements. Make sure you leave a few hours inbetween doing the next SSCL.

power down > hold pause down > power on > wait for screen > find SSCL > Enter.