Epson 9700 Pro help required

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by DavidH, Mar 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DavidH

DavidH Member

We run a 64" Seiko solvent printer, great for signage etc, but we're just not competitive on posters & plans.

A customer of ours has sold us their Epson 9700, it's printed 84 jobs since new, the heads are fine, and all nozzles are firing. The price was too good to say no.

From reading online it will do border less printing, perfect for us, as it'll be quicker and reduce the finishing time on poster prints.

We got a roll of 841mm paper, my quick experiments this afternoon it appears that A0's can't be printed border less.

The test prints I've tried, we're getting heavy banding, about a 15mm overlap, which on the Seiko would indicate feed calibration issues, but I can't seem to find how to adjust that. I've done a print head alignment to no avail.

I'm used to printing via a RIP, but this is proving more difficult that I anticipated.

2. casper21

casper21 New Member

9700 pro help

Have you looked at the printer settings to help remove the banding. Try changing the resolution (quality options) to increase the resolution.

3. DavidH

DavidH Member

I called in over the weekend and had a play.

I've only 2 rolls of paper, both the same type, so that narrowed the scope of what I could do. It's a lightweight drafting paper, so I downloaded a few sample plans from the internet and got it printing those. It's much quicker than our Seiko, and the quality it good.

I'm still getting a light banding when printing full coverage, you may be right on the print settings, but until I get another roll of paper, I can't do much experimenting.

I'm hoping to get it to do borderless A2 & A1 prints, as that'll reduce the finishing we do at the moment.