Epson 7880: Help Requested

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by BCrose, Jun 7, 2015.

1. BCrose

BCrose New Member

I have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out and was hoping I could get some feedback here from any Epson experts.

I need to change the maintenance tank as I have 9% left until the printer stops. I was going to try the DIY route and simply change out the absorbent material in the tank. I have done this but as you know I now need to reset the counter to zero.

The problem is that I cannot access the setup menu while the warning message on the screen telling me the tank is almost full is present. I have tried the restart while holding down the three arrow keys but it will never display the setup menu to allow me to reset the counters.

Any suggestions? Nothing in the manual provides information on this.

Thanks in advance

2. gavint

gavint New Member

Have a look at the maintenance tank - it's got a chip on it and that's what tells the machine the reset count. I'm using the 9800 and the chip is on the right side of the maintenance tank. The 7880 is a similar machine.

So you'd need a chip resetter to do that type of thing. And probably replacement chips to get started.

3. jimmy55

jimmy55 New Member

I run a 7800 and as gavint says you just use the same chip resetter that you use for refillables and the menu should just read it and revert to 100%