Epson 7800 proofs are coming out wet and sticky

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by kilegotye, Oct 21, 2011.

1. kilegotye

kilegotye New Member

Hello everyone,

I am taking a .pdf file and putting it through the Trueflow software before burning plates which creates a .Tif file of plate imposition -- the .Tif file is then being imported into EFI Colorproof from which it is printed.

No settings have been altered from the last time a proof has been printed for this magazine - in fact we have done an earlier issue for this magazine company with no problems.

Now when the signatures are being printed, some of the images, backgrounds, etc. are coming out still wet it seems and sticky as well. It is not everything, just certain parts... I talked to Epson and they said that EVERYTHING should be dry when it comes out -- yeah... SHOULD be... :confused:

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this,

kilegoTye

2. vividred

vividred Member

What media are you printing on?

OEM epson inks?

Does it do the same thing if you print a test print without the file being run through trueflow? Have to determine if it's an ink/media problem or if there is some incompatibility causing way too much ink to be used (i.e. wondering if blacks are being made out of 100% of each color due to some driver anomaly)

3. kilegotye

kilegotye New Member

Hey vividred thanks for the reply!

We are printing on a one sided glossy paper -- all Epson inks...

When i printed the test page nothing came out funky - also, when i printed the file bypassing the rip software it still came out messed up...

When i loaded the file into Acrobat and used the output preview to check CMYK levels, all of the blacks (well most of them, everything that was not a 100% black box built in InDesign) were almost 100% of each color -- it seems that when our client is exporting his .pdf it is creating a 4 color build for the blacks...

Any idea how to get around this?

Thanks again,

kilegoTye