epson 7600 - after head and tubes cleaning! problem...

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by joao_rodrigues88, Apr 26, 2013.

1. joao_rodrigues88

joao_rodrigues88 New Member

hi guys! :)

I bought an epson 7600 in second hand, the printer was like new made 1 print in her life, but the problem is that this printer been without work like 8 years! :confused:
    on this week I clean all the clots of the head and the old ink on the tubes.
    all ok now! the head is fine!
    is fully uncloged!

but there are a problem, the tubes os ink are empty of ink, now I made a power cleaning to load this tubes from the cartridges to the head.
    but the ink load very slowly..
    I now print full sheets of color... but nothing
    no ink on paper!

anyone knows any way to load the vaccum tubes to the head?

I'm new on plotters !:rolleyes:

thank you !

regards,
    JOAO

2. IT Supplies

IT Supplies Senior Member

3. brianhu

brianhu Member

4. cengell

cengell New Member

Hello I have a 7600 and can say I would replace the dampers because there is a very small o ring that if it does not seal the print head stem then if you do have good vacuum pump then the head won't fill. On Fleabay you can find dampers for about $8 I recall.

Also check near the capping station there is a spring piston that when the head is over the cap station the piston goes fush the block that has 2 very small o rings and if that has dried ink on the flat part of the piston it won't make a air tight seal ( I had this and after 1 minor cleaning all heads back).

Also if you want to know the pump is working you could remove the black tube from the pump and capping station and remove for the cap and put your finger at the end of the tube and do a quick cleaning and you should feel some suction, if not maybe check the pump out and the tube just in case a crack or air leak.

Check and clean with Simple green the black o ring around the capping station, when the printer is un plugged you can move the head to the left giving access to the capping station and you will need to remove the right cover (google americianinkjetsystems.com and down the Epson 7600 repair manual for more detail.

It comes down to do you want to pay someone or do it your self?

Good luck..

Christopher