Epson 11880 issue

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by kts, May 10, 2014.

1. kts

kts New Member

With this new job I have to send large amounts of prints at a time to the 11880 Epson... right now it is usually 30- 40 32X60" prints. Every time I have gone to print the project it drops the project a third to half way through the project with no notice as to why. (no error messages on the computer or printer)

The printer seems to think the job is finished but doesn't complete the last print. I have tried a couple of different settings to fiddle with it, and there are no error messages on the printer.

Also, some quick information to narrow down the issue-- I am printing from a Mac, on Photoshop CS6 and installed the latest drives through the Mavericks operating system. the settings are all set to roll paper, and the paper is being collected on a spool at the bottom of the printer.

Do you know what might be causing the issue?
    Has anyone come across this issue before?

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

What kind of paper do you the printer set to? I had a similar issue sending a 60" wide image to print on pearlized paper, I don't remember how did I defined it in settings but it looked like printer is programmed to assume that certain paper type exist only up to certain width. In my case those were multiple images layed out to utilize full width of paper so I orginized them verically to take care of the customer, never really got to the bottom of it as with regular "glossy photopaper" we do not experience any issues. May be if you would create a custom profile or custom paper type preset it will solve the problem.