Eps not displaying as intended at the printers

Discussion in 'Layout, graphics, and prepress Software' started by photosynthesize, May 22, 2009.

1. photosynthesize

photosynthesize Member

OK, so I'm really confused. Our company logo is an eps file, which I set up a while back. I've used it frequently with commercial printers and there's never been a problem. The boss decided he wanted our logo printed on a bunch of scale rulers. So I sent the eps to the ruler printing company and they said that it wasn't displaying correctly because they didn't have our font. Huh? I could understand that if I'd sent the native Illustrator file, but I didn't, I sent an eps, and I thought that wasn't editable and so it wouldn't matter if they didn't have our font. Was I wrong? And if so, how come it works fine with other people (who don't have our font!)?

2. tapupartforpres

tapupartforpres New Member

Well...

They probably don't have the font. Create outlines and resend it.

3. photosynthesize

photosynthesize Member

you didn't read the post properly, though creating outlines did work (6 months ago)

4. tapupartforpres

tapupartforpres New Member

So then my suggestion worked? Ok got it.

5. nguyenhuy

nguyenhuy Member

Agree, i think you should change your file to outline, you can convert according many ways.

6. Greg_Firestone

Greg_Firestone Member

Switch to PDF. EPS is an older format. With PDF you can view it in Acrobat and if the print shop really needs an EPS, they can export an EPS from your PDF with their exact setting requirements.

Greg