envelopes on ryobi 3200

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by pcprint, Oct 5, 2008.

1. pcprint

pcprint Member

hi im looking for some tips on running envelopes on ryobi 3200,

2. 5150pressman

5150pressman Senior Member

If you are running #10 eps. Make sure the envelopes are hitting 2 head stops. you might have to run the image off center so they will hit.

3. Guest 82818-824

Guest 82818-824 Previous User

Exactly as "5150pressman" said and don´t expect to run the press quickly. I´ve only ever ran envelopes on one press and that was a Ryobi 524 around 10 or 12 years ago and if I remember right it was unstalbe above 6000 iph.

4. 6colorpressman

6colorpressman Member

turn air and vacum down very low....and set the pile hight to the lowest it will go...and always hit 2 head stops...if your press has a buckle adjustment turn it up to 10 - 14 ....that puts the envelope in the gripper farther.....and runs streighter...hope this helps

5. Light table

Light table New Member

If you can run envelopes on a 524, you'll be okay

The previous post was right about setting the pile height low. The problem with envelopes is that the perfect pile height for the beginning of the run may be too low by the end of the box of 500. A little hand crank upwards at the end of the run seemed easier to me than adjusting the height setting.

6. VanQuill-Printing

VanQuill-Printing Member

we run an Astro envelope feeder. If this is your press of choice in the shop for running envelopes then i would look long and hard for a feeder. You can run non stop (no cranking up and down). Our pressman can have it set up within a few minutes. Like anything it sure makes the pressmans life enjoyable when we can hold off for a couple of days and make an envelope afternoon run. I have ran several different types of presses and i can honestly say ryobi is one of the harder ones to run envelopes on without a feeder.

7. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Good advice by everyone. 2 things to add is I use a old set of blankets just for envelopes. This really saves the life of your good blankets. I also run #10's with only 3 belts. I use a envelope side guide attachment from a Hamada. This really helps if you have a older machine with 8 belts. You can also use just 1 row/bar of skid wheels. Like others I gang run all the envs unless it's a PMS specific job with multiple pieces. I don't have the luxury of a env feeder and can fit a box of 500 #10's at once. I keep the press running when I'm re loading. When the feeder stops it takes the press of impression and water/ink duct and just idles. No balance issues with the Kompac units, poly plates and oil base ink. Less time than stopping and starting after each load.