Emulation Error - KMB C652DS

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by benjaminprojas, Oct 13, 2014.

1. benjaminprojas

benjaminprojas New Member

Hey all, first time here and posting. I've done a cursory search through this forum but haven't found anything remotely close to the issue I am having, so forgive me if I am double posting. Also, this is a cross post from here: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/92965-emulation-error-kmb-c652ds.html

I have an error with a custom page size that only happens when printing from Linux. Basically, we print bulk cards on stock that is 5.5in x 4.25in through the bypass tray. When we print from windows, if the stock is not loaded, the printer asks us to load the appropriate stock and then successfully prints, as it should.

However, when printing from Linux, if the stock is not loaded we immediately get an error on the screen that says "Failed to complete job. Check log.". In the job history section the only details are "Emulation Error". If the stock is loaded and the bypass settings on the printer are set to 5.5in x 4.25in then it prints perfectly from Linux.

From the linux side of things, if I print a document that is 4in x 6in and the stock is not loaded, this also works as expected, perfectly. The difference on the printer is that it selects one of the "Standard Sizes" which is 4x6.

I have created a custom size on the printer for the bypass tray that allows me to quickly set the correct size for printing, but I would really like for Linux to be able to tell the printer the size to print and the Printer to ask for that size stock accordingly.

Also, I did try modifying the PPD file in Linux to add a stock setting (similar to the 4x6) but that did not fix the issue regardless.

Any thoughts on that? Thanks!