Electrical problem on SM52

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Moukoussi, Sep 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Moukoussi

Moukoussi Member

Hello, I am an electrician. I work on printing machines. I am facing a problem. I have the smoothing (translation may be inaccurate) capacitors just after the diode bridge which have exploded in succession one after the other. I was able to replace them all with equivalent ones. And after 1 week of operation the same phenomenon happened again. The first exploded today. Where could the problem come from? I have more capacitors.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi, you must replace it the Bridge rectifier, and use the same type of Original Capacitor ! Same Voltage +Ufarads.

Can be leaking or in Short during transient time.

Of course, the Input of Vac, you must look, for Hard variation, and installing if necessary Regulator of Voltage!

3. Moukoussi

Moukoussi Member

I checked the bridge rectifier. It is good according to the values given by the multimeter. Attached the type of capacitor if someone can have it for me I buy. And the diode bridge circled in the photo. So I have to change the diode bridge?

Attached Files:

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

After see the Pic , the electrolitic capacitor that use the electronic system for SM 52, you must use the same king of Capacitor is for Hard Duty Cycle!!!, if you are using other equivalent, would be the main reason, that capacitor Will be exploded.

Since this capacitor, is For heavy Duty, however you must TEST it, with ESR Meter, is the best tecniques, for detect, if the capacitor is o.k, this capacitor you must find it in Heidelberg, or look in European Union, like Germany, some Electronic parts seller in Internet, by Bing , Yahoo, Google, etc, But in short use the same CAPACITOR TYPE!, OTHERWISE YOU MUST THE SAME PROBLEM!

If the diode bridge are original, you Do not need to replace it, Always that you use the same original Capacitor.

Please test the input Vac, if they are in the tolerance by 10%, otherwise, install regulator Voltage, for to help the Diode bridge* capacitor.

5. Moukoussi

Moukoussi Member

Good morning sir. Thank you for your help. Today I redid the test of the diode bridge I have a row of diodes which is random. It shows on the multimeter 0L in both positions. I ordered a three-phase diode bridge, the one circled, and a mono bridge. Plus the original capacitors.

Attached Files:

6. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

OK, Good Sir!

Good luck, let me know

7. Moukoussi

Moukoussi Member

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Great!

Blessings

9. Moukoussi

Moukoussi Member

I changed the capacitors, the discharge resistors and the rectifier bridge... The machine remained idle for a long time. Today I have a defect that we are unable to remove.