Economical Poster Printing

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by shwagy357, Mar 10, 2011.

1. shwagy357

shwagy357 New Member

Can someone please help me? I want to print 30”Wx70”L color posters in the most cost efficient manner. The cheapest quote I have been able to find is around $140 each (Staples). Is it possible to have a color poster printed in this size, any cheaper? I have found similar posters online, selling for $80. So I am convinced there is a cheaper alternative to the $140. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to lower the cost of a large color poster print price?

Thank you

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

What will your volume be?

Figure your cost at around $1/square foot printing on a current Epson, Canon, or HPZ large format machine, but then you have to amortize the $5500-$10000 machine cost over the volume of prints, and your time to run them.

3. Zach_Core Reprographics

Zach_Core Reprographics Member

In regards to printing, in most cases the less you pay the less you will get. Though major companies ie staples I have found a bit on the high side of the pricing scale. Let me know if you are still looking to get a quote on poster printing.

4. Edge Creative

Edge Creative Previous User

Check out Edge Creatve for cheap poster prints if you are still interested in custom printed posters

5. michael112

michael112 New Member

You may want to check out Shortrunposters.com - they print custom large size posters for about $2.70 a sq. ft plus a $10 setup charge. That large size would only be about $60 by that math

6. V-P

V-P Member

Wow !

We run a print shop and we charge for that size approx 50 - 60 USD, printed on semi-glossy 190gsm with Canon iPF8000S.
    But we are located in Europe.