EBA 721 LT guillotine

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by ants777, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ants777

ants777 New Member

Thinking of getting a EBA 721 LT guillotine.

Can anyone say if this is a good machine,. or not..!!

Cheers

2. printapaul

printapaul New Member

Just sold our polor 72 and got an EBA 720 E
    Not as well made but does the job. Less to go wrong and cheaper to repair

3. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

@ ants777!
    The EBA is a cheap machine. You may use this machine for 5 years. By then the repair costs become extreme and mostly this is the end of the machine.
    But there are some alternatives. I beleave in the UK you have Watkiss, which is the dealer for a economical Polar cutter. This cutter has everything (electronic, safety, computer, software, etc.) from a big Polar und is built by Polar. The biggest difference between a big Polar and the small machine at Watkiss is the hydraulic cut which is o. k. in small machines. I think the prize is higher but a Polar is the best cutter in the world (if you go by reputation and the second hand prizes anyway).
    I would first compare what’s available on the market. Than I would my wallet. And afterwards I would buy.

@printapaul
    The Polar 72 was built between 1973 until 1984. This was a good machine. The person who bought this machine before 30 to 40 years (!) made a good I beleave. We will see how long your EBA lost :). But I understand that a longterm investmant is somethime not easy to finance. I hope you do not pay twice.

Coloured paper

4. printapaul

printapaul New Member

Due to the banks being a total rip off the last few years. Financing a new good quality guillotine is impossible for a small business.
    So cheap and cheerful it has to be. That why Heidelberg are having a bad time at the moment. Nobody is willing to pay stupid interest rates on loans !!

5. Coloured paper

Coloured paper Senior Member

@printapaul

Right, that’s why there are alternatives to Heidelberg and equivalent.

But there is still the old question what is better: paying les and getting something which is good for a short time, or paying a bit more for may be the double or triple time?
    If you show me just one single user of an ideal using it for 30 to 40 year. I will shut the f… up.
    And if you show me just one single user in the world who is using an ideal for 15 to 20 years we would be (!) just even!
    To be honest – do you really think that the world wide (!) second hand prices are just a joke? Users trust in good equipment. Like the old Polar 72 you had.

But again - you are right. If there is no money in the wallet, you have chance.

Coloured paper