Duplo DC10 Mini has a feeding problem.

Discussion in 'Collator-Booklet Maker Systems' started by Willycom, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Willycom

Willycom Member

Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to this.
    We have a Duplo DC10 mini that will not feed any of the bins correctly.
    The problem at first was intermittent and then became bad enough for us to stop using the machine.
    The main board has been replaced without resolving the problem.
    The machine will begin each feeding cycle on each loaded bin correctly and then stop before the sheets enter the sheet stream in the tape inside the back door to be ejected. The machine actually stops the feeding cycle after the feed rollers have completed half a turn only. If we pull the half fed paper back towards the sheet pile but not completely out from under the feed wheels, at the next start the feed wheels will turn a complete one and a half turns and feed correctly but the next cycle as the machine continues will again only feed the sheets half way just as before.
    The local service people have quoted on replacing all the clutches but this is not the problem as far as I can see.
    If this was the problem the sheets would not feed when the sheets are left half under the feed wheels and complete the required one and a half turns.
    I hope someone has had experience with this.
    Regards

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    The feed tray level adjustment
    If the Level is Not correctly set, it may cause incorrectly fed
    or less stacked sheets.
    The sensors must be adjusted and clean it in the board for sensitivy.+paper switch adjustment
    In short you must try to do the adjustment with his maintenance or operator manual for his supplier.

3. Willycom

Willycom Member

Hello Mr Super Chock,
    Thank you for your reply.
    It does make sense that the machine is stopping the feed because the sheet is not reaching the sensor in the specified time.
    This is a direction I had not thought to look at. Will let you know the outcome when I have checked these things.

Thanks

4. Willycom

Willycom Member

Thanks for your help thus far Chock.
    We have done as you suggested. Setting up the height of the trays. It is hard to say whether this made a lot of difference.
    The machine still miss-fed often. We went through all the tray pressures and changed the pressures of the friction pads to a lower pressure. This may have helped a little but we still had to push the sheet pile hard into and under the friction wheels to get it to feed. As you know this can only be done when the sheet trays are up.
    Not enough time to do more than three bins before the machine begins to feed. A bit useless to say the least.
    Because of the need to push the sheets under the pickup wheels we decided to look at whether the machine was running fast enough to feed the sheets quickly enough. We changed the cog pulley on the drive motor with a pulley with 16 teeth instead of the 15 tooth one the machine had. We knew that the machine sold in the US market had a different size pulley due to the power frequency being 10 Hz higher than ours. So we thought we would try this. We felt one extra tooth was not going to hurt anything. Well as it turns out the machine runs well on the test bench. Very few misses and no need to push the sheets under the pick up wheels.
    Of course it may not have been the pulley change. Perhaps it was our fervent discussion with the creator about half way through that did the trick.
    We will see how it goes in the production line.

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know what size pulley is supposed to be on the 240v 50hz version.

Thanks for your help Chock,
    You are appreciated.
    Willycom

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Willycom:
    Thank you by his reply .
    I can understand his problem.
    However you must try this:

1)Feed ring replacement?
    2) paper separator replacement
    3) Sensor sensitivy adjustment
    4)receiving tray level detecting level adjustment
    5)Paper switch adjustment
    6)Feed tray level adjustment: use the excentric shaft for cleanre between roller vs flat spring o.5-2mms
    7)Feed tray raise/lower Cam stop position adjustment:Improper stop position cause Cam rotating one full turn rather than oone-half turn or improper feed tray leveling !!!!
    8) Feed Clutch & Solenoid adjustment

6. Patricksimonsa

Patricksimonsa New Member

Hi.
    Where did you obtain the 16 tooth gear?

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi , glad that you machine is better.
    However What do you mean with 16 tooth gear?
    Can you explain me, a little more.

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

for DC 10 MINI :
    Parts Number:

95k-20011 Timing Pulley for 50HZ
    95k-20021 Timing Pulley for 60 HZ
    There are many supplier for this, However will be a good Idea if you get directly from
    Duplo, but is your finally decission.
    Remember this formula RULE TIP:
    The RPM is IN direct proportion to Hz.
    If you decrease the Frecuency(50 hz) the motor will slow down, and vice versa
    if you increase the Frecuency(60 hz) the motor will speed up.

9. Willycom

Willycom Member

Actually Chock I did leave the 16 tooth on the machine but have not looked at how many teeth on the pulley the 50 Hz power supply required. I just took a guess at the time thinking that the machine may have had the pulley which was meant for 60 hz. AS it turned out the machine was running slow due to some type of thick lubricant which was put on the idlers before I got the machine. This was dragging the machine speed back but not enough to heat the main motor to any extent. Probably the machine not feeding and only running for a few seconds before stopping did not give it enough time to heat up.
    Anyway Chock I thank you for your input.
    Regards Willycom

10. Garth

Garth Member

I have had issues -And the Door belt is a Suspect of the sheets not being fed. causing continuous stoppages- if the door belt has no grip -this will cause issues.I must say the door belt needs a bit of grip to advance the sheets and prevent continuous jams or misfed sheets - please let me know if your experience differs.
    Regards Garth This is for the Duplo DC 10 Friction fed Collator

11. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Yes I Agree with this issue.