Duplo Collator Error Codes

Discussion in 'Collator-Booklet Maker Systems' started by Dunne Printing, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Dunne Printing

Dunne Printing New Member

We have 2 DC-8000s collator towers with a DBM-200 booklet maker and a DC-481W trimmer.
    The system has been running fine. Mid run tower A kicked up an E-1-1 error code. Machine turned off and after a while restarted, worked fine again for a while then repeated error.

We believe the error code is related to unsuitable or unstable power supply, not certain. Nothing was changed in set up. complete system has it's own 32A radial. Voltage is stable +/-240VAC.

Making the 2nd tower the primary (ie A tower) by dip switches makes no difference. Tried all sorts of combinations, tower B will run but the DBM-200 feed doesnt start up, seems like the two aren't talking to each other, all plugs checked.
    Any help out there please, have urgent large school job on the go !

Thanks, Dunne printing.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir
    Good day
    I saw your problem with the DC8000 collator tower.
    The E'1'1 error codes : is indicative 1) The drive belt loose : a) Test the drive belt
    2) When the power is turned Off and then turn on after 4-5 seconds later,and the JOG
    button is Pressed,does the motor rotate? a) If does : check the index sensor or index plate is DIRTY, with paper bits,etc b) check if the index plate if in the groove of the sensor properly. c) If is Normal, the sensor or Main Board is Faulty =Replace
    The main board has Led1 indicate +24VDC- YELLOW is lit?
    Led2 Green LIT with +5vdc See the schematic diagrams.

3. Dunne Printing

Dunne Printing New Member

Thank you very much chock.
    We have checked the belt, appears tension and condition OK.
    The index sensor and plate were blown clean carefully with compressed air and this indeed seems to be the problem. The machine ran again for several hours before error coding again, repeated air clean and machine re-started.
    This week a more thorough maintenance will be carried out on index sensor/plate.
    Will keep you updated and thank you again very much for your assistance, invaluable.
    Dunne Printing.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Good Day sir:
    Thank you by your word, really am appreciated a LOT.

5. Adama

Adama Member

Bearings - sharft commonly fails on the index wheel, look for lots of red dust, its oftern the cause of reocuring faults there

6. DejanKacurov

DejanKacurov New Member

Hi there guys. I have the same problem with Dc10/60 collator. The tower worked fine, and all of a sudden it stopped and a list of errors popped up on the main screen. At the bottom of that list, it showed E-1-A error code. I turned it off and on again, it worked fine, but the next time when I turned it off and on it showed the same error. Any advice? I tried cleaning the dust and checked the bearings and everything seems to work great. Looking forward to a reply. Thanks and have a great day!

My email is dejan_kacurov@hotmail.com