Duplo 10/60 Display

Discussion in 'Collator-Booklet Maker Systems' started by jrussuk, Sep 3, 2015.

1. jrussuk

jrussuk Member

Hi
    We have a Duplo 10/60 and the display has two large black lines going down it.The touch screen still works.
    Anyone with any ideas on what this could mean? If its a new display could i get one and fit it myself or do i need to buy one from Duplo (they have quoted me £1900 for a new one!)
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rthenhaus

Rthenhaus New Member

Hello the LCD display is going bad and you will have to replace, eventually will go all black and yes touch screen will still work but then will have no clue what tab you are in. I don't know if there are aftermarket ones available.

3. Adama

Adama Member

The control panel is a std Mitsubishi screen, there available from RS for circa £900, but then you need to pull the programme of the old one and reinstall on the new one. This seams to be a common fault on a lot of the DC10/60 collators of a certain vintage, i have never seen it on the older DC10/60'S with the white surround around the screen, but every one of the black surround ones with the monochrome display seam to develop this fault in time. Have not worked on enough of the colour display ones - they have not got old enough to find out if they have the same issues.

Basically the faults caused by it being a touch screen, the constant flexing - loadings caused by being touched (or prodded too bloody hard by pissed of operators) flexes the screen, over time this causes the connector strip on the LCD to become damaged - a intermittent contact, ergo the black stripes. Seams to affect the left hand side first then the other side and gradually all the screen.

Current customer has just been qouted circa £2000 for the screen and a further £1000+ for the fitting via Duplo UK. Needless to say on a collator tower of circa 10 years of age worth £4-5000 ish there very much after a cheaper - more cost effective answer. Down loading and reinstalling the programme was going to be our initial repair approach, but did not look easy by any means and is something i have never done. Then we stumbled on the screen modules on EBAY, Im not adding a link, if your able to change it you will easily find them, but for circa £120 delivered you can get the bare LCD + Back light panel.

This takes about 30 minutes to fit, from arriving on-site to leaving the customer with a running machine. You have to work fast, you have to follow static safe working and you have to keep the back up battery connected as much as possible to maintain the controls memory. Have the back up battery off the boards for too long and your back to needing to reprogramme the screen. You have a few tens of seconds not minutes!

Hope the above gives some people a option on how to do this repair at a far lower more realistic cost point. Again, if you don't know how, get help from some one competent, I do this repair but only for my current customers, I am not looking for new ones, i do not offer this as a service. If you brick your machine doing this understand its on you! Don't blame me or the person doing it, but Every one i have done so far, my customers have been more than happy to take the risk, because at the end of the day worst case your back to waiting - paying duplo for a full replacement.