drying issue

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by V-P, Apr 6, 2012.

1. V-P

V-P Member

First of all - I am a newbie in offset industry. Said that...

I am facing a "copying" problem, if I can call it like that. Probably there is a technical name for it but I can't remind it now.
    Apparently the sheets are not dry enough and I get some ink from the underlaying sheet to the top one. I have lowered the speed to 3500, make small stacks, be generous on the powder but still I get some "copying". And I have a dryer unit on my Pro machine.

What do you guys do to prevent that ?

2. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

Is it coated or uncoated you have prolems with. Check your powder device is working properly (does it spray al all). Speed is not an issue, I alway run on 8000 SPH. At wich density's you print solids.

3. V-P

V-P Member

Hi Marc !

It is coated (both glossy & mate). I use the standard density CM=1.4 Y=1 Bk=1.8

I will make some tests on the powder unit to check it.

Thnx for helping...

4. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

I asume it's only on black build with CMY and K. Check if the total amount of ink doesn't get higher than 320%. What brand of ink you are using.

5. V-P

V-P Member

Hi Marc,

Found the problem:
    The powder spray unit was not working at all. I did activate it and only air was spraying but no powder regardless of the max position.
    So I disassembled the powder unit and one piston (solenoid) which opens/closes the powder was blocked. So I open it clean it and now it snows in powder.

Thnx for helping...