Dryer Hoses for SM 74-4

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by alphapressfl, Nov 1, 2016.

1. alphapressfl

alphapressfl Member

having trouble locating the size of the hoses used for the coater and dryer unit in the delivery portion of press. The problem i am having is that everyone here locally only have american sizes and the hoses are in metric. Please help.

2. spikeboy

spikeboy Senior Member

call demers in florida 1800 956 3612 good luck spike

3. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

You may also look in McMaster Carr online catalog, they carry a fair amount of metric ducting hoses, if you don't see it in the catalog, you may also try calling them. I've gotten hoses from them numerous times.

4. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Never had any luck with after market hoses. Yes they are cheaper but you will be replacing them after 1 year. Just my opinion

5. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

What's the difference if the country of origin is in Europe? Surely, HDM has never been in the hose manufacturing business.

6. alphapressfl

alphapressfl Member

Thanks guys. Unfortunately no one has it.. Any other ideas?

7. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

What's the I.D.? Spiral wire?

8. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

We have it...

9. alphapressfl

alphapressfl Member

10. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Obviously Heidelberg does not make their own hoses, this is nothing new. That being said, the hoses that you get from Heidelberg are known to work. Yes, they will cost you more money but like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. If you can get the same hose from the same supplier Heidelberg uses, that we would be best. If not get them from Heidelberg. Using hoses only because they fit is not always the best idea. Hoses have many different applications. Not many can with stand heat or the volume of air required and will need replacement in short time.

11. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

It pains me to go back and forth on this matter, but for those wanting to save a significant percentage on parts expenses, in this case ducting hose, one has to be wise enough to understand that simply fitting the connection is not the only consideration. If it's wire reinforced, replace with like reinforcement. If it's in a dryer application or a central air cabinet, consider the need to buy replacement hose rated for 250 degrees or better. It's not rocket science.

12. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

You can order them directly to German supplier. You may get them in larger amount but much cheaper than Heidelberg.
    Send me an email and I will provide you PDF catalog and list of hoses with desired diameter and lengths.

13. alphapressfl

alphapressfl Member